Samoan No-bake Cheesecake
Shortbread Cookie Dough:
¼ Tsp Baking Powder
1 C. Butter, salted & softened
1 Tsp Vanilla
2 Tbsp Milk
Directions: In a large mixing bowl combine, your sugar flour, baking powder. Then you will add the softened butter, vanilla, and milk. Make sure that it is thoroughly. You can store it in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
Bake in the oven at 350F for about 10 minutes, all ovens differ. You can also use this resume for the cheesecake crust.
The Coconut Topping:
2 C. Shredded Coconut, toasted
1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk, heated until golden
8 oz of dark chocolate bar or chips
*To make your own caramel, heat your milk in a saucepan until it is golden in color.
*Forming the traditional cookie shape is optional. You can used a doughnut cutter, 2 cookie cutter, or probably try a doughnut baking tray for the circular shape.
*Combine your coconut and caramel sauce in a bowl.
- Use your cut out cookie dough, layer it with the cameral and coconut mixture.
- Melt your chocolate for dipping the cookie and drizzling the chocolate across the cookies.
The Cheesecake :
8 oz Creamcheese
1- 16 oztub of Cool Whip or 1 C. Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1 C. Sugar
*If you make your own whipping cream, combine it with the sugar using a mixer. The cream must be cold!
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, cool whip and vanilla.
- Once combine add the cheesecake mixture to a shortbread pie crust or grahamcracker crust pie shell.
- Once the cheesecake has firm up which can take about an hour, add the chopped up cookies.
* I purchased my cookies online from the girl scout organization.
Enjoy and Share your experience! #livingwithdonna